How often should health and safety training be refreshed?
It is difficult to give a simple, set-term answer to this question. The frequency of training that needs to be refreshed depends on several factors – including the type of training. However, as a general rule, training should be reviewed every year.
An organization’s health and safety program should be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that it is effective and compliant with current legislation. Health and safety training should also be refreshed on a regular basis to ensure that employees are up-to-date on best practices and procedures.
How often health and safety training should be refreshed will depend on the nature of the business and the risks involved. For some businesses, such as those in highly regulated industries, refresher training may need to be conducted on a quarterly or even monthly basis. For other businesses, refresher training may only be necessary every few years.
In addition to the annual rule, there are several exceptions:
- Employees should be retrained in the event of an internal incident that results in an employee, client, or customer is injured, or if something similar has happened in the past.
- It might be worth updating employees on relevant training if there’s been an incident in your industry that could apply to your business.
- Changing equipment – if your employees have been trained how to use a piece of equipment and it changes a few months later – regardless of how different it is – you should re-train them. Preventive maintenance is better than reactive maintenance.
- It’s important to inform all relevant employees if a process changes – whether it’s an internal change in the system or a change in legislation requiring you to change how you do something.
- Organizations should consult with their health and safety experts to determine how often refresher training is needed. Employees should also be consulted to ensure that they feel comfortable with the frequency of training.
Health and safety in the workplace are important for several reasons:
- To protect employees from injuries, illnesses, and fatalities
- To protect employers from liability
- To comply with government regulations
- To improve morale and increase productivity
When health and safety training is refreshed on a regular basis, employees are more likely to be aware of potential hazards and know how to avoid them. This can help to reduce the number of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. refresher training can also help employers to avoid costly fines and penalties for non-compliance with health and safety regulations. Finally, happy and healthy employees tend to be more productive employees!
About our Health and Safety Training Online
At PGL Midlands, we offer a variety of online health and safety courses that can be taken at the employee’s convenience. We have a vision of being one of the best training providers in the UK. We believe in providing a first-class training experience, using only the best quality trainers to deliver a service to be proud of.
We believe in a personal service that enables us to understand your business and your training requirements to deliver the best results!
The frequency of health and safety training will vary depending on the nature of the business and the risks involved. Organizations should consult with their health and safety experts to determine how often refresher training is needed. Employees should also be consulted to ensure that they feel comfortable with the frequency of training.
If you’re looking for health and safety training, then look no further than us! To find out more about our health and safety training courses, or to book a course, contact us today to find out more!
Get your courses booked with us today to keep yourself and your staff safe!
Call – 0121 240 0375 or Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org