Falls from height remain the highest cause of fatalities in the UK
PGL’s Working at Height Awareness course is suitable for any persons who may be exposed to falls from height, in any industry, and require greater knowledge and understanding of the Working at Height Regulations and associated planning controls to prevent accidents, injuries or near misses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any person who will be required to work at height or those involved in the planning and the arrangements of working at Height.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Regulations and Guidance connected to Working at Height
- Analysis of recent statistics for the cause of work at height accidents
- Planning work and Risk assessments
- Work at Height hierarchy and planning principles
- The safe use, maintenance and care for a range of working at height equipment
- Harness, lanyard (Restraint)/Inertia (Fall Arrest) and connectors (Carabiners), Life Lines and Alcipercha
- Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulation (PUWER) 1998 and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998 requirements.
- Rescue requirements and planning
DURATION: 1/2 day course
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Public | On-Site at your premises | Online Virtual (Bespoke)
ASSESSMENT: Those attending will explore a range of practical examples of work at height equipment
CERTIFICATION: Upon Successful completion delegates will receive a certificate of attendance for Work at Height
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £60 (Tier 1) | Grant Code: GET
SKILLS AND TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
GET IN TOUCH
Click here to email: email@example.com