This SMSTS (Site Manager Safety Training Scheme) Split course covers all relevant legislation and other essential elements relating to site management safety. It will provide delegates with the knowledge and respect for site safety, with the core aim to enable them to manage health and safety, and understand their responsibilities on site.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Site Managers, Project Managers, Supervisors, Foremen
Individuals seeking to advance into a role with site management responsibility
Any individual involved in the management or planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering construction safety
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
The Health and Safety at Work Act.
CDM Regulations 2015.
Working at height; Scaffolding.
Accepted working practices in the construction environment.
DURATION: Five day course
DELIVERY METHOD: All of our courses can be tailored to fit your business and individual needs. Our SMSTS Training Courses are held at our bespoke training centre or can also be held at your premises.
- Multiple-choice assessment paper, taken on the final training day
- Tutor assessment and final project
CERTIFICATION: Successful participants will be awarded a CITB SMSTS certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- For Site Managers, the CITB SMSTS qualification, also known as the Site Safety Plus Scheme, is a recognised qualification outlined in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) for the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (CDM) (Demonstration of competence, Appendix 4).
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £140 (Tier 2) | Grant Code: Automatic Payment
SKILLS & TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB