An insight into Design & Build JCT
Design & Build (DB) JCT 2016 Contracts – Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) is a widely recognized and commonly used standard form of contract in the construction industry. JCT 2016 refers to the 2016 edition of JCT contracts, which is designed to provide clarity, fairness, and consistency in construction project management. This course provides a clear understanding of Design & Build contract (DB), in relation to JCT 2016.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This JCT 2016 course is aimed at all those involved in the tendering, procurement or contract negotiations and legal frameworks required by any organisations or whom requires more information. This may include Employers, Designers, Contractors, Subcontractors and Consultants.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Be familiar with the structure and use of the JCT 2016 family of documents
- Grasp technical information on a DB JCT 2016 contract and be comfortable across the suite
- This course provides an in-depth look at the JCT Design and Build Contract 2016:
- Learn about setting out this contract, and what provisions are included
- Get detailed knowledge and guidance to make sure you avoid common pitfalls
- Obtain a thorough grounding to give you confidence in dealing with the JCT Design and Build Contract
DURATION: 1 day course or 2 day course
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site
ASSESSMENT: Those attending will explore a range of case studies to underpin knowledge and open up discussions
CERTIFICATION: Successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
OTHER INFO: JCT 2016 was introduced to develop, publish, procure and revise a suite of standard forms of contract and tender documentation for construction. Suite of “standard forms” means a group of documents necessary to operate a particular method of procurement. JCT 2016 is the current edition of JCT’s standard forms of contract. The JCT ranges in publications from standard contracts, to major construction projects or a Design and Build Contract which is designed for construction projects where the contractor carries out both the design and the construction work. Design & Build contract contents covers much detail, such as:
- Can be used on large or smaller scale projects, but generally where detailed provisions are necessary.
- The Contractor is responsible for completing the design, as well as carrying out the works, and the employer must provide detailed documents to outline their requirements.
- The price and payment structure of the contract is based on a lump sum with interim stage or periodic payments.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability, advance payment, bonds (advance payment, off-site materials, retention), third party rights and collateral warranties.
- Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA) and Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) (PCSA/SP) can be used with this contract.
- This contract can be used with the Framework Agreement (FA).
- For use of both private and public sector projects.
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: N/A | Grant Code: N/A
SKILLS AND TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
GET IN TOUCH
Click here to email: email@example.com
Check out article- Introduction to JCT 2016 Contracts