We provide a CITB SSSTS Course which will equip first line managers/supervisor’s, or those seeking to become a manager/supervisor with an introductory level of health and safety, demonstrating how it is an essential function of effective supervision. It will provide a knowledge base and equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to contribute to a safely managed construction or civil engineering site.
This Course can be held at our bespoke training center or your premises.
This Course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on their sites.
During the Training Course staff will learn:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Regulations, Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- Tool box talks
- Risk assessments relating to construction site issues:-
1. Working at Height
4. Occupational Health
7. Confined Space
- Control of subcontractors
- Health issues
- Construction accidents
Who are the Training Courses for?
- First line managers and Supervisors
- Individuals progressing towards a first line management or supervisory position
How is the course assessed?
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
Successful participants will be awarded a CITB SSSTS Card / Certificate
How long does the course last?
- Our SSSTS Course lasts 1 Day.
Support and resources provided:
- Site Safety Simplified (GE706)
- Tool Box Talks (GT700)
- Is the SSSTS Course hard?
- A frequently asked question is ‘How difficult is the SSSTS course?’. The only response we have is that the course is supposed to be difficult. You will, however, receive out of it what you put into it, as with any learning.
- What is better SMSTS or SSSTS?
- The SMSTS and SSSTS are comparable courses, but the SMSTS goes into more depth since it is designed for managers to be able to develop safety systems in the workplace, whereas the SSSTS is designed to offer supervisors the skills they need to ensure that these systems are followed.
- Do you have to do a toolbox talk on SSSTS Course?
- A five-minute toolbox talk presentation must be prepared and delivered by the delegate. The toolbox talk will be prepared as homework following the first day, with the presentation taking place on the second day. Delegates should concentrate on messages that are pertinent to their site, assess their target audience, and choose the most important things to emphasise.
- How long is SSSTS valid for?
5 years, when you have completed the course successfully, you will be awarded with a SSSTS certificate from CITB, which is valid for 5 years. You can book your refresher here.
- How long is the SSSTS Course?
Two days, the SSSTS course is a two day programme. The days will usually begin at 09:00 and finish at around 16:30.
Our SSSTS course price is £300+vat, but keep an eye out for upcoming deals!
Call for details : 0121 240 0375