CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper experienced
Who Should Attend:
This is a Forward Tipping Dumper course that is suitable for experienced operators who have knowledge and practical experience but who would benefit from some training before attempting the theory and practical tests for CPCS Trained Operator Card (Red Card).
Aims and Objectives
To ensure you have a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to Forward Tipping Dumper operators, working in the construction industry and allied environments in accordance with CITB recommendations.Course Content – the client should be able to or have knowledge of?
– Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
– Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
– Conform to the manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
– Undertake all pre-use checks
– HSE requirements for operating FTD
– Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
– Pre-use, start, running checks and close down procedure
– Preparing the dumper for site and road travel
– Travel the dumper over different terrain including rough, undulating ground while unloaded and loaded
– Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state
– Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction
– Positioning the dumper to receive loads
– Explain loading and unloading procedures on & off a transporter
– Maintain safe and tidy working areas.Pre-Requisites
Delegates must have passed the Health, Safety and Environment test within the past 2 years before booking onto a CPCS Technical Test.
On the Day
All visitors must report to reception on arrival at the time specified and follow site safety rules at all times.
There are tea and coffee facilities available free of charge, but there is no other catering facility on site, so delegates need to provide any further refreshments/meals they may require throughout the day.
Candidates must bring and wear their own 3 point PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.
Training: The course is centred around the practical test and clients will be given maximum time training on the machine they will use in the test, from 8.30 am – 4 pm. Support will be given with the theory questions if needed, but we would anticipate clients will have revised for the theory prior to arriving at the centre. (Full details of both theory questions and practical test specs are available from CITB website.)
Test: You will be tested with a theory and practical test using CPCS standards. To attain the Red Card you must pass both the theory and practical tests.
The CPCS Theory test is recorded digitally by the tester to ensure adherence with CPCS Standards.
The CPCS Practical test may be recorded using a Video recorder if the CPCS request it.
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is recognised by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) and Major Home Builders Group (MHBG) as the preferred card to comply with codes of practice for competence and certification. It was launched in 2003 to help them comply with regulations and requirements and aims to apply common standards for all plant operators.
CPCS is owned by the Construction Industry Training Board (otherwise known as CITB).
On successfully completing the test you will receive a Red CPCS Trained Operator card that is valid for 2 years.
During these 2 years you must work towards achieving your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375