CAT A awareness for your staff
The purpose of our asbestos awareness course is to help employers fulfil these legal requirements and enable employees to work safely.
Asbestos-related diseases currently accounts for some 5000 deaths in the UK each year. Construction personnel are now the group at highest risk when they work in existing buildings, which may still contain asbestos containing materials.
Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires that all workers who may come into contact with asbestos at work must receive Asbestos Awareness Training. This duty also extends to their supervisors and building professionals such as surveyors, engineers and architects. Asbestos Awareness is often referred to as Category A and this type of training has various accredited routes including UKATA, IATP or in-house.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for those who may work on the fabric of any premises built / refurbished before the year 2000, and those who may work in trades where accidental exposure could be a real possibility and need to recognize the signs of disturbance.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
During this Asbestos Awareness Training Course staff will learn:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The products and materials likely to contain asbestos (with images to aid detection)
- A short video appropriate to the type of work undertaken by your employees
- The potential operations that could result in asbestos exposure
- The importance of and types of preventive controls that can be used to minimise exposure
- Your managers responsibilities to protect your workforce and avoid a prosecution
- A practical demonstration of Asbestos Surveys and information on what should be included
- Information on safe work practices including control measures and protective equipment
- The use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency procedures to deal correctly with an asbestos incident
DURATION: 1/2 Day
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | Onsite | Remote Delivery (Teams/Zoom)
ASSESSMENT: Theoretical assessment
CERTIFICATION: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive an accredited certificate of attendance valid for 1 year.
COMPETENCY: Be familiar with dangers of asbestos. This UKATA course is sold under license from a UKATA approved professional member for Asbestos Awareness