A must for those operating across JCT
Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) is a widely recognized and commonly used standard form of contract in the construction industry. JCT 2016 refers to the 2016 edition of JCT contracts, which is designed to provide clarity, fairness, and consistency in construction project management. This course provides a clear understanding of the JCT 2016 family of contracts, specifically standard building SBC/Q.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This JCT 2016 course is aimed at all those involved in the tendering, procurement or contract negotiations and legal frameworks required by any organisations or whom requires more information. This may include Employers, Designers, Contractors, Subcontractors and Consultants.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Be familiar with the structure and use of the JCT 2016 family of documents
- Understand the more important clauses of the new contracts
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of the key parties
- Grasp technical information on a JCT 2016 contract and be comfortable across the suite
- The JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract (SBC) is one of the core documents in the JCT 2016 suite and is particularly well-suited for projects with a more established design before construction begins. Some key features include:
- Clear Responsibilities: The SBC clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Employer, Contractor, and Architect/Contract Administrator, ensuring that each party knows what is expected of them
- Payment Mechanism: The contract includes provisions for determining the contract sum, valuing variations, and dealing with payments, protecting both the Employer and Contractor from potential payment disputes
- Variations and Changes: The SBC provides a structured approach to handling variations and changes to the scope of work, ensuring proper documentation and compensation for any additional work
- Completion and Defects: The contract sets out the requirements for practical completion and addresses the rectification of defects during the defects liability period
- Insurance and Indemnity: The SBC addresses insurance requirements, ensuring adequate coverage for the project and providing indemnity to relevant parties
DURATION: 1 day course or 2 day course
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site
ASSESSMENT: Those attending will explore a range of case studies to underpin knowledge and open up discussions
CERTIFICATION: Successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
OTHER INFO: JCT 2016 was introduced to develop, publish, procure and revise a suite of standard forms of contract and tender documentation for construction. Suite of “standard forms” means a group of documents necessary to operate a particular method of procurement. JCT 2016 is the current edition of JCT’s standard forms of contract. The JCT ranges in publications from standard contracts, to major construction projects or a Design and Build Contract which is designed for construction projects where the contractor carries out both the design and the construction work.
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £60 (Tier 1) | Grant Code: GET3013
SKILLS AND TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
GET IN TOUCH
Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out article- Introduction to JCT 2016 Contracts