We provide a CITB SSSTS Course
Our CITB SSSTS Course equips first line managers/supervisors and those aspiring to managerial roles with introductory health and safety knowledge. It demonstrates the essential role of effective supervision, providing a knowledge base and skills to contribute to a safely managed construction or civil engineering site. The course can be conducted at our bespoke training center or your premises.
This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all site supervisors.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
First line managers and Supervisors
Individuals progressing towards a first line management or supervisory position
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- The Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Regulations, Codes of Practice, and Guidance Notes
- Tool box talks
- Risk assessments relating to construction site issues:
- Working at Height
- Occupational Health
- Confined Space
- Control of subcontractors
- Health issues
- Construction accidents
DURATION: Our SSSTS Course lasts 1 Day.
DELIVERY METHOD: Can be held at our bespoke training center or your premises.
ASSESSMENTS: Multiple-choice assessment paper
CERTIFICATION: Successful participants will be awarded a CITB SSSTS Card / Certificate
- This Course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG)
- A five-minute toolbox talk presentation must be prepared and delivered by the delegate. The toolbox talk will be prepared as homework following the first day, with the presentation taking place on the second day. Delegates should concentrate on messages that are pertinent to their site, assess their target audience, and choose the most important things to emphasize.
- 5 years, when you have completed the course successfully, you will be awarded with a SSSTS certificate from CITB, which is valid for 5 years. You can book your refresher here.
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £140 (Tier 2) | Grant Code: Automatic Payment
SKILLS & TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB