Gaining height safely
The Working at Height Regulations (2005) require that the assembly, dismantling or alteration of Mobile Access Towers should only be undertaken by a competent person, or if being trained, under the supervision of a competent person. Our Mobile Access Towers for Users course covers the essential knowledge and practical skills necessary to safely operate mobile access towers. Participants in this training will learn to inspect, erect, and dismantle mobile access towers, as well as identify hazards, perform risk assessments, and follow emergency procedures. The course is a combination of theoretical and practical training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any person(s) who, as part of their working duties are involved in the assembly, dismantling and use of mobile access towers.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Health and Safety Legislations and Regulations
- Approved Code of Practice
- Safe Working at Heights
- Identifying Mobile Access Tower equipment
- Manufacturers Instruction Manuals
- Ground and Site conditions
- Sequence of assembling and dismantling Mobile Access Towers
- Use of stabilisers, outriggers, sole pads and ties
- Moving and Repositioning assembled towers
- Inspect and Report procedure
- Multiple choice test paper
- Advanced Guardrails and 3T (Through The Trap) erection
- Practical assembly, moving, inspection and dismantling
DURATION: 1 Days
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site
LEARNER RATIO: 6:1:1
ASSESSMENT: The course is a combination of theoretical and practical training
CERTIFICATION: On successful completion of a theory test, practical assessment and tower inspection, delegates will receive a photo ID card as proof of competence. The card is valid for 5 years
COMPETENCY: In the assembly, dismantling and use of mobile access towers.
There are many mobile tower courses and bodies to assist and improve industry standards.