Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Reach Lift Truck (N003) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Reach Lift Truck safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Operate plant machinery in all normal tasks for which it is designed.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks.
- Explain the need and function of appropriate documentation.
- Configure and ready equipment for travel.
- Travel to and manoeuvre equipment in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set equipment for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
Novice Training: five day course, with a maximum of three delegates.
Refresher Training: two day course with day one for training and day two for testing with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com