This refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the full five day SMSTS course and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five day course as well as introducing new subjects.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has previously attended and completed the five day SMSTS course.
The aims of this course are
- To improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices
At the end of the course Delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Delegates will be required to complete a multiple-choice assessment paper at the end of the course.
Duration: 2 Days
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Support and resources provided:
- Construction Site Safety – Health, Safety and Environmental Information Manuals (GE700 & XA 6)
- Learning Support Materials