Promote a positive H&S culture
Our CITB Accredited Directors course provides delegates with the knowledge and understanding required to promote a positive organisational structure for health and safety. The course aims to recognise the directors’ duties of care and the moral, economic and legal costs and implications of non-compliance with health and safety legislation.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This course has been designed for company directors and senior managers active in a health and safety strategic role in the built environment from any organisational size in construction, civil engineering or allied trades including: Financial/Operations Director, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Principal Designer/Engineer, Company Secretary, Contracts Manager, Senior Project Manager, Non-Executive Director.
Even if you are not directly responsible for Health and Safety in your company, in your role as a Company Director you have joint responsibility with your fellow directors under Health and Safety legislation.
This course is recognised by Build UK as the standard for training for all senior managers and company directors.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
By enrolling onto our CITB for Directors course you will learn:
- Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that may make their business liable
- Understand the significance of strategic management of risks
- Appreciate the range of consequences from failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders, and the significance of their cooperation, communication and coordination of health and safety on projects
- Recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance, and the limitations of such an appointment, and
- Identify the basic tools to introduce a proactive health and safety culture into an organisation, and the benefits of this approach
- Group exercises will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities
DURATION: 1-day course.
DELIVERY METHOD: We offer multiple convenient learning options, including Open Courses across the Midlands and wider UK, On-Site training, and Online Remote Delivery.
ASSESSMENTS: A combination of classroom-based theory and tutorials. You will be continuously assessed throughout the day and will have to complete a two-part written test comprising multi-choice questions and short written test associated with a case study.
CERTIFICATION: Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
- Participants require a working knowledge of the following health and safety legislation with the anticipation that course content and the end of course assessment will require delegates to consider these legislations in context with a director’s role and responsibility:
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £60 (Tier 1) | Grant Code: Automatic Payment
SKILLS & TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: email@example.com
Call: 0121 240 0375