NEW career or confirm your knowledge
This NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health course aims to provide a broad understanding of the general health and safety issues that affect all types of organisations and enables risks to be managed effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is aimed at Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations to improve the safety within their workplace. This certificate helps them to understand and manage risks effectively. Many people who take the NEBOSH National General Certificate use it as a first step toward a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- Element 2 How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Element 3 Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 Physical and psychological health.
- Element 6 Musculoskeletal health.
- Element 7 Chemical and biological agents.
- Element 8 General workplace issues.
- Element 9 Work equipment.
- Element 10 Fire.
- Element 11 Electricity.
The National General Certificate involves a minimum of 68 taught hours and approximately 40 hours of private study and background reading.
- When studied through classroom, virtual classroom or in-house learning, the course is 9 days plus online revision and an online exam.
- When studied through E-learning, we recommend spending between 100 and 120 hours on the course. If you study through this method you will need to book your NEBOSH exam separately.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- For us to deliver a NEBOSH course in-house, there must be no more than 12 delegates attending. Delegates must also sit the designated exams provided by NEBOSH.
ASSESSMENT: The updated NEBOSH National General Certificate course now consists of two assessments:
- Unit NG1 is assessed via an open book, scenario-based exam, which you do from home.
- Unit NG2 is assessed through a practical risk assessment, carried out at your workplace. It includes the development of an action plan that can immediately be utilised to improve your workplaces health and safety.
CERTIFICATION: NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety may be eligible for Technical membership (Tech IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM – www.iirsm.org).
Good understanding of spoken and written English.
The online exams are run by NEBOSH every two months. Follow this link to book your NEBOSH exam.