Entry level City & Guilds Confined Space
6160-01 City & Guilds (C&G) Award In Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (Low Risk). The aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standard for controlling entry and arrangements for working in a low risk confined space environment. PGL Midlands are pleased to offer this course in Birmingham using a state-of-the-art mobile unit giving the one of the best learning experiences the industry has to offer. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any person who requires accredited training for confined space in a low risk environment.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Check all equipment is in good order calibrated and or certified where necessary
- Obtain authorisation for entry and relevant health and safety information
- Arrange adequate communications for lone-working situations
- Maintain a safety zone
- Carry out a live point of work risk assessment before starting work
- Confirm suitable monitoring equipment is in place and working before entering the confined space
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling. This unit is for anyone working in a low risk environment and includes preparing to enter and work safely, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools, following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
DURATION: 1 day course.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course in Birmingham | On Site can be arranged using the fully approved mobile unit. Ask our friendly team for more details.
ASSESSMENT: Candidates will be assessed throughout the course.
CERTIFICATION: 6160-01 City & Guilds (C&G) Award In Working in Low Risk Confined Space certificate.
- Ofqual no: 603/7272/2
- Endorsement by a sector or regulatory body: This unit is endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills
- Unit: 201 Level: Level 2
- GLH: 8hrs
- Relationship to NOS: EUSCS01
- Max delegates: 10 people
- Delivered in partnership with Sunbelt Rentals providing state of the art equipment.
Short Course Grant: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £60 (Tier 1) | Grant Code: GET2659
Skills & Training Fund: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training can be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: email@example.com
Call: 0121 240 0375