Qualsafe Pediatric First Aid
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who care for babies and children in any professional setting, including:
– nursery workers
– au pairs
Duration: 2 daysTimes: usually 09:00-17:00 (please check Joining Instructions)Course content includes:
This course covers how to help a baby or child who:
– is unresponsive and breathing
– is unresponsive and not breathing, including the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
– is choking
– is bleeding
– is burnt or has a scald
– has an object in their eye, ear or nose
– has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
– has sickness or a fever
– has a medical emergency, including:
– diabetic emergency
– asthma attack
– severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
– has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
– has a head injury
– has swallowed something harmful.
Learners must:– be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
– attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.