A business critical requirement to safe management of a site
CITB SMSTS or Site management safety training scheme is a five day training course for site managers. This SMSTS course is created for managers who are responsible for the monitoring, planning, organising and controlling of groups of staff. SMSTS Training is the industry recognised essential training for individuals with site management accountability.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This course is ideal for Project Managers, Site Engineers, Designers, Senior Managers, Supervisors, Health and Safety professionals and any person responsible for the planning and management a site.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
By enrolling onto this SMSTS you will learn:
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention, types of work, range of activities, the role of a manager, leadership styles, and the consequences of failing to manage health and safety
- Health and safety and the legal system in the UK: Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASWA), The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and Implementing Health & Safety Legislation, Regulations, ACOPS and Guidance
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015: Duty Holders and their responsibilities, Section, Schedules and appendixes, Construction Phase Plan, Health and Safety File, F10, Pre-Construction Information, Part 4 etc..
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992: harmful substances, reducing the risk, eye and skin protection.
- RIDDOR/ First Aid Provision
- Health topics: Asbestos, Dust, Skin, Weils, Drugs/Alcohol, Mental Health & Stress, Manual Handling, Noise, Vibration, COSHH and more…
- Safety: Plant, PUWER (Equipment Management), LOLER (Lifting management), Electricity, Temporary Works, Working at Height, Excavations, Confined Space, and more…
DURATION: 5-day course.
DELIVERY METHOD: We offer multiple convenient learning options, including Open Courses in the Midlands and wider UK, On-Site training, and Online Remote Delivery. We also offer split and weekend courses.
ASSESSMENTS: Theoretical assessment, various, ensuring competency:
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Managers and supervisors responsibilities
- Construction site briefing
- Construction site layout
- Theory paper (Multi-choice and written response)
CERTIFICATION: Successful completion of the course you will gain a CITB approved certificate for Site Management Safety Training Scheme.
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £240 (Tier 3) | Grant Code: Automatic Payment
SKILLS & TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB
What is SMSTS qualification?
- If you are looking to improve your knowledge and skills about managing health and safety on construction sites, one of the best places to start is with an SMSTS course.
What does SMSTS stand for?
- SMTSS stands for Site Management Safety Training Scheme. Construction site health and safety management is a qualification developed by CITB to establish an industry-wide standard.
- Courses such as these will benefit construction site managers who are currently working or about to start a career in construction management. You can do your job more effectively, efficiently, and safely if you complete an SMSTS course if you are in charge of planning, organizing, monitoring, controlling, or administering groups of workers on a construction site.
- This course is part of CITB’s Site Safety Plus (SSP) series, which provides key training for a variety of sectors including construction, building, and civil engineering. In establishing effective health and safety practices at work, completing the relevant SSP courses can be crucial.
Do you need SMSTS to run a site?
- The SMSTS qualification is usually a prerequisite for anyone who manages construction sites, whereas the SSSTS is normally a prerequisite for those who supervise the work of others on construction sites. Another essential component to becoming a fully qualified site manager is the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). A typical five-day course lasts for five years from the date of completion. All relevant construction safety legislation is covered.
Can i get a black card with SMSTS?
- SMSTS certificates do not qualify you for a black managers CSCS card in the construction industry.