A must for those working near roads, services and the public
This New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) for Operative’s training course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act, to safeguard themselves and others.
It is for new roads and street work operatives who:
- locate underground apparatus
- set up equipment for works in the highway
- carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any person working in or supporting works within roads, streets and pathways or anyone who wishes to advance their working knowledge of street works.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding units
- Excavation in the road/highway
- Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
3 days of training and 2 days of technical tests.
A high proportion of group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments, supplemented with video and classroom-based tutorials.
A NRSWA training group may contain a mix of both Operatives and Supervisors. Sessions will be varied within the overall framework to allow the most effective development of the candidate.
DURATION: 5 Days
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course
CERTIFICATION: Street Works Qualifications Register Card (SWQR) through Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) which is renewable every five years
COMPETENCY Summarise the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works (NRSW) Act, select appropriate PPE & equipment, perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by City & Guilds standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable and provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
Call for details : 0121 240 0375