Newly updated market leading course by MHFA England
Train as a Mental Health First Aider (MHFAider®) and make a real difference, plus receive access to ongoing benefits including a brand new interactive MHFAider Support App®, free as part of the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for individuals who would like to become an MHFAider® to gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health, be confident to start a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
There is no set assessment. This courses focuses on providing you with the skills to make a difference:
- Online or face-to-face course structured across four flexible sessions. Each session is a maximum of 3hrs 45mins and sessions can be delivered within a two week period.
- Learners will be trained over four live sessions with an MHFA England Instructor Member, covering 14 hours of content in total.
- Learning takes place through a mix of instructor led training, group discussions, individual and group activities.
- Each session builds on the previous, enabling the learner to gain confidence in supporting others with a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- We strive for all of our learning content to be as accessible and inclusive as possible.
DURATION: 2 Days
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site | Online (Virtual)
CERTIFICATION: Everyone who completes this course gets:
- A hard copy workbook to support their learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- A digital MHFAider® logo – attach to your email signature with pride!
- Access to the MHFAider Support App® for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
COMPETENCY: Gain confidence when supporting staff, friends, loved ones, or anyone experiencing signs of poor or ill mental health.
Train with some of the best MHFA tutors at PGL; don’t just take our word for it:
The course was brilliant, The delivery was excellent and adapted to suit all learning skills, hardcopy, role play, using the online hub and books. The use of the App is excellent, I have utilised for my family member who is living with poor health. The course has given me the confidence to use the ALGEE in both my workplace and in my day to day contact with friends/family and any person I come into contact in varying situations who present or require support. Thankyou Lisa
SHORT COURSE GRANT: This course is eligible for the following short course grant via CITB:-
- Grant Rate & Tier: £140 (Tier 2) | Grant Code: GET2383
SKILLS & TRAINING FUND: Are you a CITB-Registered employer, up to date with your Levy return and employ between 1-250 direct staff or CIS (No PAYE). If you answered yes, this training MAY be offset with funding as part of an application for between £2,500 up to £25,000 for training your workforce. Click our link for more information and/or contact the PGL team for our dedicated application support service: Skills and Training fund – CITB