Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS accredited Telehandler (N010) course aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to operate a telescopic handler.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This telehandler course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a telescopic handler.
Our team will work with each learner to identify the duration of telehandler training required for those with limited or no experience. This will range typically from 2-5 days.
Experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only). Note, you must ensure you have sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and other relevant sources of information
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, over varying terrain, rough ground, inclines, in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safely
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
DURATION: 1 – 5 Days depending on level of experience.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: No requirement to do an NVQ qualification. Certified for 3 or 5 years. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Issued a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card. Once complete, a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Those who hold an NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested.
- For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
- No NVQ Held By Operative
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English