Gold standard for cutting
Our NPORS Abrasive Wheels with Practical Cutting (N301b) is Ideal for those persons working with abrasive wheels and how to prepare, set up and operate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to enable them to safely operate a Hand Held Cut Off Saw.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, dangers, and responsibilities as an operative
- Know the manufacturer’s handbook and relevant legislation
- Identify machine components and their functions
- Understand key controls and their functions
- Conduct pre-operational checks and maintain appropriate PPE
- Select suitable types of abrasive wheels for the work
- Ensure necessary safety checks, setting up exclusion zones
- Prepare the machine for use and operate it safely and efficiently
- Consider environmental factors
- Handle storage and transportation of abrasive wheels and machines
- Carry out end-of-shift and shutdown procedures
DURATION: 1 Day.
DELIVERY METHOD: Open Course | On Site.
- If the course is on-site, ensure a safe working area with correct equipment
- Speak with our team for more information or if unsure
ASSESSMENTS: NPORS Theory and Practical assessment.
CERTIFICATION: Details for Traditional Card and ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.