Tester route only
This NPORS Overhead Crane & Slinger Signaller (N105) tester route aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to operate an overhead crane and sling and signal it.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at people who require an experienced tester route for gantry.
he duration of telehandler training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one-day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Set up exclusion zone
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for overhead crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Prepare the overhead crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedure.
DURATION: 1 Day depending on level of experience.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice & NPORS Practical assessment.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.