Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS accredited Plant Mover (N132) course aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to operate a variety of plant equipment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
For operators who won’t be required to operate plant machinery to its full capacity. Training in the movement of plant machinery – non operational duties; these operators could include plant mechanics, plant machinery delivery drivers etc, who will only move machinery in the workplace, whether it be for maintenance/repair purposes or delivery/collection purposes.
Our team will work with each learner to identify the duration of telehandler training required for those with limited or no experience. This will range typically from 1-2 days.
Experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only). Note, you must ensure you have sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for plant mover use
- Prepare machinery for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of machinery attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedure
DURATION: 1 – 2 Days depending on level of experience.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment & plant. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: The NPORS assessment includes a theory test made up of open and multiple choice questions and a NPORS practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: Those that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. This card will be valid for 3 or 5 years. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org