Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Suction Excavator (N021) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate a Suction Excavator on site in line with NPORS guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a suction excavator operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular suction excavator to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for suction excavator use.
- Explain the different types of suction excavators their advantages and disadvantages when excavating material.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Start and stop the engine, compressor and suction hoses safely and efficiently.
- Be able to demonstrate how to safely and efficiently use the remote control.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely to the work position in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks.
- Demonstrate an emergency stop explaining all relevant safety precautions.
- Carry out excavating tasks.
- Fit and remove different attachments.
- Explain and demonstrate how to deposit material from the suction excavator safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
One to five days depending on experience.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org