Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Skid Steer Loader (N212) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate a Skid Steer on site in line with NPORS guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the skid steer
- Locating and identifying the major components of the machine and explaining their functions
- Locating and identifying key controls and explaining their functions
- All pre-operational checks following manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for skid steer loader usage
- Preparing the skid steer loader for use and operating machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations and impact of using a skid steer
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Loading and unloading procedures for skid steer transportation
- All end-of-shift and shut-down procedures
- Novice training – three days with a maximum of three delegates.
- Refresher training – one day with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com