Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Excavator as a Crane (N100) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use an Excavator as a Crane safely.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain different lifting configurations and working ranges.
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category.
- Identify and explain centres of gravity, calculate estimated weights of loads.
- Identify any overhead / proximity hazards.
- Be able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing, placement zone with the slinger / signaller.
- Ensure excavator is in a safe condition for attachments to be fitted.
- Checked load integrity and security by carrying out trial lift.
- Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all of service and securing procedures.
- Novice Training: two day course, with a maximum of four delegates.
- Refresher Training: one day course with the morning for training and the afternoon for testing, with a maximum of four delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org