Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Tower Crane (N102) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Tower Crane safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operator’s handbook, relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks and place the crane into service.
- Explain procedures that must be taken if assessing the jib for inspection and maintenance purposes.
- Configure the crane for lifting duties.
- Explain the reasons for changing the number of falls of rope.
- Explain actions required for hazards and overhead services.
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators and/or other load/distance indicators for lifting duties.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane.
- Accurately place loads, Minimise the swinging of loads.
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures.
One to ten days with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org