Novice and experienced tester routes available
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This NPORS Tow Tractor (N210) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate the Tow Tractor on site in line with NPORS guidelines.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and their roles and responsibilities as an operator.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the machine and how to operate it safely.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook.
- Locate and identify the major components and controls of the machine and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operation checks.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Configure the machine for travel then move off and stop safely.
- Demonstrate an understanding of weight assessments and towing capacity.
- Safely carry out manual handling tasks.
- Attach and set trailers, mounted and PTO drives, ready for operation.
- Maneuver the machine safely when laden and unladen, in open and confined areas.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedure.
DURATION: Five days.
DELIVERY METHOD: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENTS: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card. This card is valid for 3 or 5 years.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English. Instructor to learner ratio: 3:1:1
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 0121 240 0375