Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Rigging and Fleeting Loads (N047) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use Rigging and Fleeting Loads safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Being aware of the statutory requirements, regulations and approved codes of practices regarding rigging equipment together with the learners obligations to Site Safety.
- Identifying basic equipment used in rigging.
- Using basic items of rigging equipment safely and effectively.
- Follow lift plans by selecting and using the correct equipment for the task.
- Inspection and use of different types of lifting equipment.
- Calculations required in rigging to include weight calculation, centre of gravity calculation, required angles, how to use sling charts.
- Lifting safely both out of balance loads, balanced loads and tandem lifting.
Four day course with a maximum of six delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com