Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Lorry Mounted Lift Truck (N004) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Lorry Mounted Lift Truck safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and their roles and responsibilities as an operator.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the machine and how to operate it safely.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook.
- Locate and identify the major components and controls of the machine and explain their functions.
- Explain the factors that affect truck stability and identify how to maintain stability of the truck and load.
- Explain the dangers of overloading the truck and demonstrate how to prevent overloading.
- Conduct all pre-operation checks.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Safely attach/detach the truck to/from the carrying vehicle.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Configure the machine for travel then move off and stop safely.
- Manoeuvre the machine safely when laden and unladen, over varying terrain and rough ground, in open and confined areas and on inclines.
- Pick up, transport and set down loads accurately and safely.
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks, using racking systems and/or a road vehicle.
- Carry out bulk stacking tasks accurately and safely.
- Safely refuel the truck.
- Fit, adjust and/or remove attachments.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Novice Training: five day course, with a maximum of three delegates.
- Refresher Training: two day with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com