Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Grader (N240) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate a Grader on site in line with NPORS guidelines.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation.
- Configure and set for site travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for general grading and side-casting duties.
- Configure and set for high bank work.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Novice – five days, experienced – one day.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card. This card is valid for 3 or 5 years.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com