Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Cable Avoidance Tool (N304) course aims to test on the usage of CAT and Genny, assessing your use of equipment and locating underground services prior to excavation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is an experienced worker assessment that is suitable for people who have the sufficient knowledge and practical experience to be able to pass the theory and practical element for the NPORS Operator Card. Pre-test training can be arranged.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, and other relevant.
- Cover all aspects of HSG47
- Legislation and guidelines.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation.
- Manual Handling Regulation.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulation.
- The function and operation of all controls of the cable avoidance tool (CAT).
- The function and operation of all controls of the signal generator (GENNY).
- Correct use in Power, Radio and generator mode(dependent on type there may be other modes).
- Testing, Inspection and maintenance of the equipment.
- Correct search procedure, pinpointing and tracing the service.
DURATION: One day.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card. This card is valid for 3 or 5 years.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English. Instructor to learner ratio: 6:1:1
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com