Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Appointed Person (N401) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding of lifting operations, identifying and enforcing safe practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is for supervisors and managers that need to qualify as an Appointed Person on site. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, and understand procedures and appropriate documentation and classifications.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Explain the importance of completing a report on a lfiting operation.
- Identify and demonstrate how to plan an area with exclusion zones for lifting operations, identifying any proximity/underground hazards from supplied plans and drawings.
- Identify safe access and egress before, during, and after any lifting operations and for different types of lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate how to construct a safe system of work by producing risk assessments, method statements and lift plans with the information supplied.
- prepare and explain lift plan information to all personnel involve in lifting operations.
- Specify and explain the positioning of the crane and load, identifying limiting factors and immovable obstructions that must be considered.
- Novice training – five days with a maximum of six delegates.
- Refresher training – one day with a maximum of six delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org