Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Static Concrete Boom (N721) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Static Concrete Boom safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Confirm the position and configure the plant machinery for pumping duties.
- Deploy the outriggers to specification (where applicable).
- Arrange, anchor and secure all pipes and lines.
- Confirm a given mix is able to be pumped.
- Arrange and comply with communication procedures.
- Direct the loading / mixer vehicle to position.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Pump and control materials accurately to the desired pour location.
- Explain how blockages occur and solution methods.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures for the plant equipment.
- Complete end-of-use cleaning procedures.
One to four days depending on experience with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org