Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Shunter Vehicle (N243) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate Shunter Vehicles on site in line with NPORS guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Health and safety at work act 1974.
- Management of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Introduction to the tractor unit and trailer including components.
- Pre-start checks of the tractor unit and trailer.
- Site safety awareness.
- Ground and overhead obstructions.
- Size and dimensions of machine.
- Controls and Instructions of use.
- Hydraulic Inspection.
- Electric Systems.
- End of shift safe parking procedures.
- Novice training – four days with a maximum of three delegates.
- Refresher training – one day with a maximum of six delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org