Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS MEWP Boom (N108) course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to safely and competently operate a MEWP Boom in line with NPORS guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with the other types of information sources and relevant legislation.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures and legislative requirements.
- Check all emergency lowering functions.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Configure the machine for travel.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on level / rough ground and incline in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out the accessing tasks.
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height.
- Travel with platform raised.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
- Carry out all end of shift shut down procedures.
DURATION: One day.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card. This card is valid for 3 or 5 years.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English. Learner ratio: 4:1:1
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com
Book online :Upcoming Dates | PGL Midlands | Your Health & Safety Training Provider Birmingham – The Midlands