Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Lorry Loader (N107) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Lorry Loader safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The nature of the industry sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- The purpose, basic construction, controls and terminology of principal components.
- All manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, additional information sources and relevant regulations and legislation.
- All pre-use checks for wheeled loading shovels.
- Configuring and setting the plant for site and highway travel.
- Travelling over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen.
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces.
- Configuring and setting the wheeled loading shovel for extraction and loading duties.
- All actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Extracting differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources.
- Forming stores of segregated materials and constructing (temporary) ramps.
- Sorting and placing materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Spreading and levelling ground and materials.
- Carrying out shut down and securing procedures for a wheeled loading shovel.
- Explaining the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
- Novice Training: two day course, with a maximum of three delegates.
- Refresher Training: one day with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org