Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck (N001) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use an Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck safely.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with the manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all the necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks.
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations.
- Load and unload external transport safely.
- Fit, adjust and / or remove attachments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Novice Training: five day course, with a maximum of three delegates.
- Refresher Training: two day course with day one for training and day two for testing, with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 0121 240 0375