Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Excavation Marshal – Banksperson (N027) course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements to monitor and control the work and movement of mechanical excavators on a work site.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an Excavation Marshall – Banksperson.
- Have knowledge of the equipment to be used and be conversant with Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits to Work.
- Additionally, identify and maintain PPE appropriate for use.
- Conduct all pre-excavating checks.
- Agree communication signals and emergency procedures.
- Safe positioning of Excavation Marshall – Banksperson.
- Define and identify the different types of underground services.
- Identify risks that excavations can present and how people may be affected.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Carry out exploratory tasks.
- Identify the risks of excavating near to underground services, and the safe digging practices that should be adopted.
- Lastly, carry out all end of shift and safe storage procedures.
DURATION: One day.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional Card: For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card. This card is valid for 3 or 5 years.
- New and wishing to apply for NPORS/CPCS:
- No NVQ Held By Operative
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
- New Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English. Instructor to learner ratio: 3:1:1
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org