Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Compact Crane (N140) course aims to deliver the necessary skills and knowledge to correctly prepare, safely operate and maintain a Mini Crane.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Set up exclusion zone.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for mini compact crane use.
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Prepare the mini compact crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.
- Novice training – one to five days with a maximum of three delegates.
- Experienced training – one day with a maximum of four delegates
- Refresher training – one day with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email email@example.com