Gain a Diploma to match your Health & Safety experience
The purpose of this qualification is to assess the competence of occupational health and safety practitioners. It is aimed at those who have responsibility for the development, implementation and review of health and safety procedures within an organisation. This NVQ will fit around your schedule and much of it you can complete online simply by adding evidence to our user friendly portal. No other formal qualifications are required to enrol.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
This qualification is for those who are working in occupational health and safety practitioner roles within an organisation and want to gain further qualification’s based on competence (Doing The Job) rather than more formal examination routes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE THIS NVQ
We will assess your competence and match it to the varying mandated criteria for you to achieve this NVQ. We will assess you using a variety of methods which may include workplace visits, virtually (Teams/Zoom), recorded Q&A, professional discussion, witness testimonies and more. Some key areas (Units) you’ll be assessed on whilst working towards your Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice are below:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Implementing and developing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Implementing and developing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Implementing and developing the health and safety policy
- Maintaining and developing individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Implementing and developing health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety procedure
Your allocated Assessor will work with you to to plan what and how you will provide evidence for each unit. Throughout the NVQ process, your Assessor will review and update your Portfolio (Portfolio is the term used for the evidence document). Once you have completed all of the units, the Assessor will review the portfolio and provide feedback. Our Internal Quality Assurer will then verify the contents and authorise the qualification.
DURATION: This varies depending on how quickly the learner can gather/upload evidence. But there is no deadline – work at your own pace.
DELIVERY METHODS: Face to Face/Zoom or Teams/Portal
CERTIFICATION: You will receive all of the following benefits:
- Nationally recognised accredited NVQ that does NOT expire
- Black CSCS card for Senior Health & Safety working in Construction
- A Level 6 Diploma – great addition to any CV
- Acceptance for professional accreditation via IOSH (GradIOSH) and others