The NOCN – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision qualification enables delegates to demonstrate and recognise skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrate competence in a real workplace environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any person or employee who works as a foreman or in a supervisory capacity and needs to obtain a Gold CSCS card and a nationally recognised qualification. The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision qualification is designed to occur in a real workplace environment. This means delegates must be employed to take this qualification.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Carrying out team briefings, health and safety briefings and tool box talks.
- Site inspections and quality control
- Checking resources and supplies, and ordering shortfalls when they occur.
- Plant checks where required, such as vehicle, oil and tyre checks.
- Assigning work to team members — “who’s doing what”.
- Tool checks.
- Safety checks to ensure your team is using correct PPE and work method statements are followed.
- Following programme of works and responding to changes when needed.
- Managing relationships in the team and dealing with grievances.
- Working in conjunction and communicating with other teams.
- Dealing with accidents as they occur.
- Checking and managing timesheets.
- Interpreting documents and checking they are adhered to (e.g. permits to work, risk assessments, method statements etc).
- Holding meetings with other supervisors to raise concerns.
- Maintaining principles of equality and diversity.
- Looking after the welfare of your team (for example, checking they have adequate PPE supplies).
- Leading by example and encouraging two-way dialogue.
- Providing reports to managers, suppliers and customers as and when required.
- Discussing performance issues with the team.
DURATION: This varies depending on how quickly the learner can gather/upload evidence. But there is no deadline – work at your own pace.
DELIVERY METHODS: Face to Face/Zoom or Teams/Portal
ASSESSMENT: Your allocated Assessor will work with you to to plan what and how you will provide evidence for each unit. Throughout the NVQ process, your Assessor will review and update your Portfolio (Portfolio is the term used for the evidence document). Once you have completed all of the units, the Assessor will review the portfolio and provide feedback. Our Internal Quality Assurer will then verify the contents and authorise the qualification.
- Nationally recognised accredited NVQ that does NOT expire
- As a result of completing the NOCN – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision, delegates can apply for the CSCS Gold Card as long as they perform supervisorial work on the site.
FINANCE & FUNDING
Speak to our team for more information. Payment plans may be available.
Are you serving now, or were you in the Armed Forces previously and eligible for ELCAS funding? If the answer is Yes, great news, this NVQ can be funded using ELC’s (Less your 20%). Please ensure you have an existing login via your ELCAS portal prior to enquiring; this will speed up the process and minimise delay.