Climb the ladder in your Health & Safety journey
Our NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety will equip learners with the knowledge and understanding to progress into a job role in health and safety or added to their current competency. It is generic and therefore suitable for those wishing to work in health and safety positions in a variety of sectors. This competence-based qualification will also ensure that you can practice your role up to the standard required and competently. You will prove and develop your skills in improving and implementing good health and safety practice within the workplace. This NVQ will fit around your schedule and much of it you can complete online simply by adding evidence to our user friendly portal. No other formal qualifications are required to enrol.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
The NOCN Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means the learner must be employed to undertake this qualification. So, you must be in a Health and Safety role in some capacity (Doesn’t matter the level or how long).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE THIS NVQ
We will assess your competence and match it to the varying mandated criteria for you to achieve this NVQ. We will assess you using a variety of methods which may include workplace visits, virtually (Teams/Zoom), recorded Q&A, professional discussion, witness testimonies and more. Some key areas (Units) you’ll be assessed on whilst working towards your NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety are below:
- Developing procedures to control work operations safely
- Promoting a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce health and safety risks
- Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
- Conducting a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
You will also have to gain the relevant amount of credits from the below optional units (This means you can achieve these extra units adding to your qualification):
- Aiming to protect the environment through actions in the workplace
- Supervising the health, safety and welfare of a learner
- Evaluating and investigating health and safety complaints and incidents in the workplace.
- Reviewing health and safety procedures in the workplace
Your allocated Assessor will work with you to to plan what and how you will provide evidence for each unit. Throughout the NVQ process, your Assessor will review and update your Portfolio (Portfolio is the term used for the evidence document). Once you have completed all of the units, the Assessor will review the portfolio and provide feedback. Our Internal Quality Assurer will then verify the contents and authorise the qualification.
DURATION: This varies depending on how quickly the learner can gather/upload evidence. But there is no deadline – work at your own pace.
DELIVERY METHODS: Face to Face/Zoom or Teams/Portal
CERTIFICATION: You will receive all of the following benefits:
- Nationally recognised accredited NVQ that does NOT expire
- Black CSCS card for Senior Health & Safety working in Construction
- A great addition to any CV and would prepare you for the level 6 NVQ
- Acceptance for professional accreditation via IOSH (TechIOSH) and others