- Over 350 million people in the world are affected by depression.
- This online course will raise awareness of depression and how it can be recognised, diagnosed, classified and treated.
- It starts by looking at diagnoses before moving on to define the various types of depression, you’ll
also learn about other disorders.
- It then looks at the causes of depression and the everyday factors which can make it more difficult to
- You’ll learn about depression symptoms in adults, teenagers and children and how to get help.
- There’ll be information to help you understand how to recognise and psychotic depression and how
it can be treated.
- The course also looks at the physical and social effects of depression, including on those living with a
person who is depressed.
- Depression management techniques and treatments will be covered, including Cognitive
Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors,
Relaxation techniques and Mood management.
- Finally, we’ll feature the roles played by diet, exercise and managing work-life balance and lifestyle.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what Depression is and have an understanding of the diagnosis process.
- Recognise the causes and symptoms in adults, children and teenagers.
- Learn the different management techniques used and the support available.
- Recognise the impact of depression on the individual and those around them such as friends and
- This course is aimed at people in the health and social care sector that would like to increase their
awareness of Depression to improve the care they give. It is also written in a way that is accessible to
people outside of health and social care and does not assume any prior knowledge of the condition.
- Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through
the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their
work and personal life.
- Other courses that complement this one could include Developing a Workplace Mental Health
Policy, Stress Awareness and Mental Health First Aid.