A17 Telescopic Handler – Experienced Worker Course
Price includes training days, theory and practical test.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Telescopic Handler tonnes to enable the candidate to competently and safely operate the machine and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
– Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which it is designed
– Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
– Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
– Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedure
– Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts
– The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
– How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
– The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
– The loading, storage and transit of representative materials
– The basis construction of pallets
– The permitted loading of scaffolds
Duration of Training
Foundation Training – 3 Days training + 1 day testing
Refresher Training for experienced workers – 1 day training + 1 day testing
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.