The complete course for anyone working in this field
Exclusive to PGL, this course will prepare those organisations, or persons responsible, to increase better SSOW to reduce striking underground services. The course adopts an ISO management system approach to enhance overall understanding and implementation. In addition, those attending will be trained to teach Cable Avoidance Tools internally to staff to reduce poor use and understanding.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Persons responsible for planning and coordinating service detection and user competence at site level. This course is also ideal for Organisations that are striking services and would like to reduce the likelihood and improve systems.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Legislation and guidance Planning and SSOW
- Service disruptions Strike causation/lagging data
- Assessing Risk & Method Statement Detection methods
- Desktop recce – Stats/Plans/CAD Intro to PAS 128 & 256
- Training standards Supporting organisations
- Pre-user competence Pre-Tool Inspection
- Toolbox talk and daily briefs Safe Scan pre-testing
- Walking the ground – furniture, markers Search patterns
- Ground Marking Safe digging practices
- Permits and permit register auditing Data extraction example
- Investigation report Senior team strike review
- Reinstatement and marking Equipment and PUWER
- Lessons learnt and review Data sharing – Internal
- HSE and RIDDOR Innovation and ‘other ways’
TRAIN THE TRAINER – CABLE AVOIDANCE TOOL:
- EML and history Limitations
- Modes and features Passive and active
- Troubleshooting Accessories overview
- Principles of learning theories Lesson planning
- Lesson delivery Assessment methods
DURATION: 2 Day
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course only
CERTIFICATION: 3 year certificate accredited by PGL
Supervisors will be able to implement more effective Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and teach and assess the use of the Radiodetection Cable Avoidance Tools internally.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION
- Learners can upskill, at further cost, to a recognised NVQ (NOCN) Level 2 in Locating and Identifying Underground Services. Ask for more info.
- Radiodetection tools will be used for the course tuition.
- Other Cable Avoidance Tool manufactures will be introduced.
- Learners will be required to plan deliver a micro-teach session (25 mins approx)
- All Learners will be provided with lesson plan templates and a basic presentation.
Note: Advanced equipment will be shown and discussed but will not be included.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375