An informative course for anyone supervising buried services
Exclusive to PGL, this course will prepare those organizations, or persons responsible, to implement a greater Safe System Of Work (SSOW) to improve overall planning and management and reduce the likelihood of striking or damaging buried services. The course adopts a Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) ISO Safety Management System approach to enhance overall understanding and implementation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Persons responsible for planning and coordinating buried service detection, supervising safe working practices and user competence at site level. This course is also ideal for Organizations that are striking services and would like to reduce the likelihood and strive for that zero-strike annual target
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Legislation and guidance
- Service disruptions and cost
- Strike causation/lagging data
- Planning and SSOW
- Intro to PAS 128 & 256
- Pre – Construction Information (PCI)
- Assessing Risk & Method Statement & Construction Phase Plan (CPP) Considerations
- Detection methods available
- Desktop recce – Stats/Plans/CAD
- Training standards
- Supporting organizations
- Pre-user competence checks
- Pre-dig team site briefs
- Toolbox talk and daily briefs
- Walking the ground – furniture, markers
- Pre-Tool Inspection & Pre Testing
- Cable Advice Tool Use & Search patterns
- Ground Marking and methods
- Exclusion zones and protection
- Safe digging practices and Excavation requirement
- Other excavation considerations (Vac, Lance, etc..)
- PPE & Equipment
- Permit systems and permit register auditing
- Data extraction and examples
- Investigation principles
- Senior team strike review
- Reinstatement and marking
- Equipment and PUWER
- Lessons learned and review
- Data sharing – Internal
- HSE and RIDDOR
- Innovation and ‘other ways’
DURATION: 1 Day
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course only
CERTIFICATION: 3-year certificate accredited by PGL
Supervisors will be able to implement more effective Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION
- Delegates can upskill, at further cost, to a recognized NVQ (NOCN) Level 2 in Locating and Identifying Underground Services. Ask for more info.
- Radiodetection tools will be used for the course tuition.
- Other Cable Avoidance Tool manufactures will be introduced.
- This course enhances HSG 47 and other guidance related publications and is suitable for all sizes of organizations. It may create a full SMS for your organisation, or supplement an existing system.
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 0121 240 0375