Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Piling Rig (N221) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to use a Piling Rig safely and effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Select suitable type of piling rig relative to the work being undertaken.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for piling rig use.
- Prepare the piling rig for use.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Ten day course, with a maximum of three delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Call for details : 0121 240 0375 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org