Novice and experienced tester routes available
This NPORS Crane Supervisor (N405) course aims to deliver the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding to supervise lifting operations safely.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is suitable for operators of all skillsets, experienced or not. The course is delivered in line with NPORS learning outcomes and is based on a mix of both theory and practical tuition to give delegates sound underpinning knowledge of best practice and safe operation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The role and responsibilities of a crane supervisor.
- Overview of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and the responsibilities of a crane/lift supervisor including daily/weekly checks of the machine.
- Locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories and their basic construction, uses, applications and functions.
- How to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes.
- Procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- How to use RCIs and anti-collision systems and use the information provided.
- Setting up, erection levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types of lifting equipment and lifts.
- Setting up exclusion zones, actions required for emergency actions and identifying overhead hazards.
- How to identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios.
- All security checks for various types of loads and lifting accessories.
- All load balance and integrity procedures.
- How to supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication.
- All environmental considerations, including issues that affect planning a lifting operation.
- All out-of-service and securing procedures.
- Health and safety legislation relating to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- All facets and functions of the equipment and the use of the crane operator’s manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical crane and plant operating methods.
- Novice Training: three day course, with a maximum of six delegates.
- Refresher Training: one day course, with a maximum of six delegates.
DELIVERY METHODS: Open Course | On Site.
- If this course is delivered on site at your premises, you must ensure you have a safe working area, suitable in size to the scheme rules and correct, safe and examined equipment. Note, this is your responsibility as the booker. Please speak with our team if you are unsure or require more information.
ASSESSMENT: NPORS Theory assessment made up of multiple choice questions & NPORS Practical assessment.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
OTHER INFO: Good understanding of spoken and written English.
GETTING IN TOUCH
Click here to email: email@example.com
Call: 0121 240 0375