UKATA Asbestos Awareness
If you work with asbestos or are within a distance likely to expose them to inhaling the dust then it is mandatory requirement to comply with health and safety legislation for you to take the asbestos awareness training course.
This UKATA registered Asbestos Awareness Training Course is designed to meet and exceed the HSE’s requirements on working with asbestos and demonstrate practically how to protect yourself and your workforce.
Asbestos awareness training is required for all employees who are likely to come into contact with asbestos. Each delegate receives a UKATA Certificate valid for 12 months on completion of the course.
During this Asbestos Awareness Training Course staff will learn:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The products and materials likely to contain asbestos (with images to aid detection)
- A short video appropriate to the type of work undertaken by your employees
- The potential operations that could result in asbestos exposure
- The importance of and types of preventive controls that can be used to minimise exposure
- Your managers responsibilities to protect your workforce and avoid a prosecution
- A practical demonstration of Asbestos Surveys and information on what should be included
- Information on safe work practices including control measures and protective equipment
- The use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency procedures to deal correctly with an asbestos incident